Friday, October 1, 2010

SHOWS...

Getting ready for the first live performance this weekend with the Pines. Demos are made. Things are still going well. Just bought a little more musical gear. Probably going to rip it apart and figure out how it works and try to make it better. The battery on my computer is going bad. Emily now has insurance. We are happy for that. Our neighbors are still wacky and make threats at each other. Emily is deep in to her 43rd book of the year.

Yesterday I was contemplating buying a reel to reel tape machine from the Teen Challenge Thrift Store but figured it was too old and rusty to be worth my time. And after standing there, blank, thinking about how my last reel to reel just sat around because I didn’t feel fixing the preamps I decided to not get it. Instead I pulled some tubes from the back of an old radio there and couldn’t figure out which way they were in there in the first place so I left them lying on the chassis. Sorry.

Our yard is starting to turn red from the maple leaves that are falling every day in to our grass. I will start my 26th year in exactly 6 days.

I am keeping my eyes open for some people who want to make music and old free piano.

_____________________________________________

9-19-10

Tent City is currently finishing master tracks for the demo. Things are going well. It’s raining in Salem right now. What a surprise. The roof is leaking. Met some really cool people. Namely, Katy Allen of Julian Snow and the Murmuring Pines on Warble Records.


I saw lots of old friends (Justin Nuess, Peter Walters, Paul Collins, and lots of others) last week at the start of the Pendleton Round-Up. Shows are coming, New tracks are in the works and things are gaining momentum. Emily and I are still trying to figure out a way to get back to Spain or Italy. Thomas our cat just got his nails trimmed. He didn’t like it.



8-29-10

Welcome to TentCityMusic.com. Keep checking back for upcoming shows, new recruits, and other news.

No comments:

Post a Comment