Friday, January 28, 2011

sickness. pictures. album. the valley in autumn.

Recording, mastering, artwork for The Valley In Autumn is one hundred percent complete. Now it's time to finish the chord sheets and really recruit. Stress will commence shortly.

Yesterday I came down with another sore throat and some other flu-ish feelings. Probably from already stressing too much over this release. Today I'm trying to sleep it off while simultaneously trying to burn a couple cd's and get ready to take some photos with Blueberry Hill.

My wife and I will most likely be spending a little time in Mexico shortly. I was there a year ago, traveling through the hurricane-ravaged regions of the Baja Peninsula. "How did this not make the news?" I asked myself. We bribed corrupted Mexican police and were slightly harassed by the AK-47-wielding Mexican Military. It was roughly 5am and the moon was full. We happened upon a vehicle, overturned. Personal belongings strewn everywhere. Socks, beer cans, food wrappers, a Spanish Holy Bible, and a massive car transmission. a drunk man, frantically stumbling around had just crawled out of it and was trying to get his things off the road. He had already called for help. I helped him move the seemingly ten ton transmission off to the side of the road and we drove off in to the sunrise. It was beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment